Photos above show the church in 2004.
The present Bethany Baptist Church was built at this location in 1959.
The church's 100th avnniversary was celebrated in 1992.
Bethany Baptist Church was set off, as an arm, from Bethel Baptist Church. The church was constituted on Saturday October 29 1892, at the new church building. Rev J P Gwaltney was called as the first pastor, on December 3 1892.
Constructed of unpainted wood plants, the one room church had a tin roof, one door and a couple of windows. The inside walls were unfinished with bare rafters. The building was heated by a wood stove with the pipe extended out a window.
The original church site was located below the Old Bethany Cemetery.
(Photo provided by Bill Moore)
Bethany Baptist Church is located beside the community center.
Next door to the community center is the fire department.