James Marlow Sr was born about 1762 and died after the 1840 census in Wilkes Co NC. Revolutionary War records list a James Marlow in the Salisbury District of Rowan Co NC, which would have been the area James Marlow Sr was living. * View Revolutionary War Pay Voucher
Children of James Marlow Sr and his wife/wives:
*Children's names obtained from a preponderance of evidence; not documented.
Census records indicate that he could have been married more than once.
- James Marlow Jr b. 1789 d. 1861 m1- Peggy Davis m2- Mary Gilreath
- Nancy Marlow b. 1794 d. 1832 married Mark Marlow
- Mary Marlow b. 1795 d. 1860 married "Capt" James Marlow
- William Marlow b. 1797 d. abt 1875 married Nancy
- Lavinia Marlow b. 1798 d. 1862 married Ephraim Cook
- Joseph Marlow b. 1806 d. 1871 married Martha Gilreath
- Joel Marlow b. 1804 married Sarah Davis
- Johnson Marlow b. 1810 m1- Naomi m2- Lucretia Anderson
- Lettuce Marlow b. 1811 married Noel Johnston
James Marlow Jr (little James Marlow) was born 1789 and died 1861 in Wilkes Co NC. He married 1st: Peggy Davis daughter of Joshua Davis and Martha Harrison. He married 2nd: Polly Gilreath daughter of Alexander Gilreath and Elizabeth Souther.
Children of James Marlow Jr. and Peggy Davis:
- Paris Marlow b. 1812 d. 1865 married Susan Davis 1834
- Anne Marlow b. 1813 d.1859 married James William Mayberry
- Asenith Marlow b. 1814 d. Abt 1857 married Randolph Mayberry 1834
- Elam Marlow b. 1816 d.1877 married Lavinia Williams
- Phineas Marlow b. 1818 d.1864 married Annis Cook 1839
- Melissa Marlow b. 1823 d. aft 1870 married Howell Mayberry 1842
- Cynthia Marlow b.1824 d. 1908 married Hilliar Marlow 1842
- Elizabeth Marlow born Abt 1829
Johnson Marlow was born 1810 Wilkes Co NC and died 1883. He married (1) Naomi Becknell ABT 1833. She was born 1810 NC and died 1853. He married (2) Lucretia Anderson November 11 1855. She was born 1814 NC and died AFT 1860. Lucretia was the dau of Ephraim Anderson and Elizabeth.
Children of Johnson Marlow and Naomi:
(15 children supposedly born to this couple)
- Lavinia Marlow b. September 26 1833 d. 1918
- Nancy Marlow b. 1836 d. ABT 1857 married Allen Meek May 17 1852
- Lucretia Marlow b. February 17 1837 d. December 03 1883 IN m1- Jacob Guard October 15 1856 m2- Phineas McFarlane
- Cornelius Marlow b. 1838
- Jane Marlow b. 1840 married Allen Meek January 18 1857
- Simeon Marlow b. 1841 d. April 20 1862
- William B Marlow b. October 01 1842 d. December 02 1927
- Vica Ellen Marlow b. 1844
- Joel Marlow b. 1845 married Julia Hazelton December 16 1867
- Permelia Ann Marlow b. January 26 1847 married Elmus Fleming May 11 1861
- Wilford Smith Marlow b. 1849
- Margaret Frances Marlow b. June 1850 married John Veach September 19 1869
- Benjamin Marlow
Children of Johnson Marlow and Lucretia Anderson:
- Mary Marlow b. 1859
Lavinia Marlow was born September 26 1833 and died 1918. She married (1) Noah Marlow October 12 1851 son of Joel Marlow and Sarah Davis. [Lavinia and Noah Marlow would have been first cousins] Noah Marlow was born 1830 in Wilkes Co NC. She married (2) Peter Riley March 20 1862. He was born 1828 and died 1906.
Children of Lavinia and Noah Marlow:
- Mary Marlow b. 1854 married Adoniram McGinnis November 19 1878
Children of Lavinia and Peter Riley:
- Vashti Riley b. 1861
- Hannah Riley b. 1865
- Edwin Riley b. 1866
- Issac Riley b. 1868
- Florence Riley b. May 16 1871 d. IL married Henry Thrasher
William B Marlow was born October 01 1842 and died December 02 1927. He married (1) Cynthia M Lamb March 06 1866. She was born 1839 and died March 22 1875. He married (2) Mary Elizabeth Simmons July 28 1878. She was born 1856 and died 1942.
William Marlow served with the Union 36th Regt - enlisted 1860 age 18.
Family History: "For three months after they left Chattanooga there was continual fighting. When they reached Georgia, they tore down his uncle's home and built forts and brushwork in his yard. This was a bitter task for him, for this left his uncle's home devastated and in ruins and they had to return on foot to establish a new home."
Children of William Marlow and Cynthia Lamb:
- Henry Allen Marlow b. 1868 d. 1925
- William Yancey Marlow b. June 25 1867 d. 1929 married Abigail
Children of William Marlow and Mary E Simmons:
- Amber Marlow married Charles Baily
- Fern Marlow married Soren Jorgensen b. September 30 1902 d. October 1978
- George Marlow b. May 13 1879 d. November 1968 married Laura Buckmaster
- Frank Marlow b. November 16 1880 d. January 1970 married Effie Secay
- Clarence James Marlow b. January 12 1884 d. September 15 1974 married Anna Mary Sloss
- Elmer L Marlow b. July 06 1900 d. January 13 1908
Can't find the MARLOW family that you are searching for....
Email me to see if I can help.
| Home |
Copyright 2000 - 2012