Linney's Mill is located in the NE corner of Alexander Co on Rocky Creek. It was erected in 1790 by Richard Cook and
has stood near the same spot for over 215 years. Richard Cook's widow, Lucy, married Randolph Mayberry, and for many
years it was known as the Mayberry Mill.
24 August 2003
For additional info on the Linney Family
Linney History Page
Copyright 2000 - 2007