Pilgrim Baptist Church

Partial Cemetery Listing

Located on the Pilgrim Church Rd in the NE corner of Alexander Co NC
Pilgrim  Baptist Church



Pilgrim Baptist Church
      



Pilgrim Baptist Church was organized in 1837 with worship being conducted in a log building. In 1886 the church was a frame structure.

Church members raised tobacco to get money for a new church building. The church was rebuilt from brick in 1948.

The parking area around the church was paved in 1970. Air conditioning and stained glass windows came later.

October 8 1849
Isaac Baker of Alexander Co grants 3 acres to Trustees
of the Baptist Church at Pilgrim, for the use and benefit
of the Baptist Church.   ( See Deed )

Photos show the church as it looks in 2004.



Pilgrim Baptist Church                Pilgrim Church
Pilgrim Baptist Church Pilgrim Baptist Church Pilgrim Baptist Church Pilgrim Baptist Church Pilgrim Baptist Church Pilgrim Baptist Church


Return to Top




Partial Cemetery Listing



Many of the Mayberry families are buried in the Pilgrim cemetery.
Anne, Asenith and Melissa Marlow married James, Randolph, and Howell Mayberry.

Pilgrim Cemetery Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Wade mayberry Grave Elizabeth Mayberry Grave Milsaps Grave Hendren Grave Virginia Hayes Grave Henry Hayes Grave William Queen Grave Adeline Queen Grave


Return to Top

Randolph Mayberry Grave Amanda Mayberry Grave Wife of J D Mayberry GraveCatherine wife of J D Mayberry  1855-1888(?)

Dalton Mayberry  1857-1905

Mayberry GraveSarah Smith wife of J Mayberry  1849-1911

Mayberry Grave


Return to Top



Connolly Grave Mayberry Grave Mayberry Grave Coit Mayberry Grave

Thomas Smith Grave Gwaltney Grave James Brotherton Grave Mayberry Grave George Bunton Grave





| Home | Photos |

Copyright 2000 - present Brushy Mountain Branches© BMB