This land was deeded to James Marlow Jr in 1827 from Nathan Estrage. Local residents refer to the surname as Eastridge. In 1864 the land passed from the Marlow family to the Hayes family.
Melver Lloyd Hayes (born 1862) told his grandson the graves had been there before he (Lloyd Hayes) was born. Some believe them to be Indian graves while others steadfastly declare Eastridges are buried there. An area just to the South of the cemetery along the Brushy Mtn Rd, used by the Hayes family, produced many Indian artifacts over the years when the soil was plowed up. The land is still in possession of the Hayes family today.
Directions to Cemetery:
Enter Log Cabin Ln off Brushy Mtn Rd - trailer located on right side of road - from West end of trailer - go across road - up embankment - North ca 15-20 ft back into woods. One grave located at base of oak tree; next grave further south; third grave is West of 2nd grave.